UPDATE: The first sections of the novel are now published on the blog. To view the Table of Contents, click here. To go directly to the first chapter, click here. To read the latest novel post, click here. Subsequent sections will be blogged every other day thereafter until the complete manuscript is published.
These initial posts are a description of my efforts to create a marketing platform for my upcoming novel, Pleasing María, that will be published late 2015. I’m documenting these efforts in a series of posts so that they, if successful, may serve as a useful guide to others facing the daunting problems of getting their novels noticed amid the deluge of #BookSpam on Amazon and other publishers.
- The Path to Success – describes my dismay at discovering the difficulty of self-publishing, the skepticism of my friends, and my determination to succeed.
- What I did Wrong – highlights the fundamental mistakes of writing a novel without advance planning for the novel and its marketing.
- Developing my Author’s Marketing Platform – compares what I had done, up to that point, with John Locke’s blueprint for self-publishing success.
- Super Boring Technical Details about Twitter in my Author’s Marketing Platform – describes the actual implementation steps for finding interesting tweet content, scheduling tweets 7/24, and connecting Twitter and Facebook to my blog pages.
- Yet More Super Boring Technical Details about Twitter in my Author’s Marketing Platform – discusses the technical tools I’ve found and developed for managing my Twitter account, and the utility and limitations of Hootsuite.
- Fictionalizing real-life experience, marketable character names – posted at PleasingMaria.com, describes the problems of writing a real-life story where the identities and circumstances of the novel’s protagonists must be protected.
- Characterizing my Writer’s Voice – posted at PleasingMaria.com, discusses my doubts about possessing a ‘unique writer’s voice’.
If the information in these posts is useful to you, please let me know. If you’d like to receive announcements of future blog posts, join the mailing list on the right side of this page. To contact me directly, reply to this post, or click on the CONTACT Guy ORDINARY link at the top of this page. Visit http://PleasingMaria.com to read the novel as blog posts starting November, 2015. If you know of good solutions to the problems I’m trying to solve, please contact me. Good luck with your novel!
All the contents of this web site are Copyright © 2015 by Guy Ordinary, all rights reserved. The contents have been registered as a published work with the U.S. Copyright Office.